CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Being a Mother

I have been missing from my blog lately...Twins keep you busy. Matt was gone all week, and I was basically a single parent of twins(the grandmas were hear to help me). I don't ever want to be a "single parent" again. I'm exhausted after one week.
Ok, back to the topic at hand. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. And I always told people I would have twins. They would say, "Oh, do twins run in your family?" I would reply back, "No, but I am going to have them." Now that I do, I realize how much work two babies are! I can only assume that one baby is also hard.
I can honestly say though, that the work is all worth it. Knowing that I am mom to these two little babies is amazing. I have always looked at mothers with amazment, wondering what it was like. Knowing how great it must feel to have someone call you mom. It is great, wonderful, and amazing. I have a new appreciation for my own mother. I feel like I have joined a new club. At the same time though, I feel separated from mothers that have only one baby(sometimes even jealous). My day is totally exhausting, but I also am so lucky to get twice the smiles. Maybe someday I will have just one baby, and know what that is like, but for now, I have two. And all of the fun, stress, happiness, and craziness that goes with it. I guess I also joined that club too. The twin moms club. And I am happy to be in it.

4 comments:

Mom2Zoey said...

I'll admit it, I don't know how your do it. It definitely hasn't been as hard the second time around with Delaney but I wouldn't say it's easy. I could never handle two at once. You are a strong woman and wonderful mother to continue on with such a positive attitude! ~A

Grandma Perini said...

These two were given and entrusted especially to you and you are a great mom! And no, it's not always easy-in fact often it's really hard, but there's not a more rewarding "job" in the whole world.

Grandma Perini said...

P.S. I love you! (and I'm super proud to be your mom!)

Denise said...

I love this post! Motherhood is the best thing ever - the hardest job out there, but definitly the most rewarding! (I have to admit, I'm a little scared for twins & a 19/20 month old. Yikes!)